In the world of metrics and measurements, the digital calipers are the latest innovation to date. A digital caliper is a precision instrument utilized to obtain very accurate measurements. Also known as electronic caliper, digital calipers typically come with two upper jaws and lower jaws, out of which, only one upper and lower jaw is mobile. The readings are electronically generated and displayed on the LCD screen for users.
Want to Skip and Check Price Directly ? Go Ahead
With digital calipers, you can measure an object with the tiniest dimensions easily, with no chances of human error.
The Mitutoyo 500-196-30 AOS Absolute Digital Caliper deserves special mention as one of the best selling calipers found today. The cutting-edge technology implemented in this caliper is a patented Advanced On-site Sensor which renders improvised measurement by protecting the device from harsh weather conditions, thereby delivering accuracy at all times.
Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Specifications
- Measuring capacity of this Mitutoyo 500-196-30 caliper is around 0 to 6 inches (0 to 150mm) in 0.0005 inches (0.01mm) increments to get ultimate precision.
- The Digital LCD screen displays clear readings in inches as well as other metric units.
- You will get a protective case and an SR44 silver oxide battery along with the caliper.
- You can use it to measure inside and outside depth as well as step values to achieve functionality in all measuring Fields.
- The advanced onsite sensor (AOS) technology implements electromagnetic inductive sensor to build a protective barrier against dirt, water, and grease.
- Made up of stainless steel, the mitutoyo digital caliper is waterproof as well.
Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Absolute Digital Caliper Features
The mitutoyo digital vernier caliper is a digimatic caliper which offers a 0 to 6”(0 to 150mm) measuring range with an option of incrementing it to 0.0005 inches ( 0.01mm) for obtaining the highest level of accuracy.
It is well equipped with an AOS sensor technology that makes sure the device makes full justice with the measurements by resisting it from dirt and grease. In short, it is most suitable for using for factory and fieldwork.
Without this technology, you would get false readings because there is always a chance of dirt or oil tarnishing the device.
If laden with dirt or water, you would get incorrect readings, but thanks to the electromagnetic inductive (AOS) sensor you need not worry these things at all.
Mitutoyo promises a battery life of about 3.5 years if not used under severe conditions.
There is no need to calibrate and set the reference each time after switching the caliper ON. It becomes very tedious if you have to calibrate the device every time before using it. So, this caliper makes use of the inbuilt Absolute Sensor(ABS) to ease your job.
It is compatible with almost every related medium with the existing Mitutoyo peripherals like SPC Cables, U-Wave wireless transmitters and many more.
It is priced at $156 and you can expect this device to ship on the same day. The latest 500 series ABS Calipers models are priced in the same range.
You can use this digital caliper for your DIY projects at home, as well as for industrial uses.
Its precise marking feature is utilized to measure an object accurately. It consists of a long beam attached with a marking scale and a pair of jaws to take inside, outside measurements. For taking depth measurements, it uses an additional depth probe. The jaws made of stainless steels glide smoothly with seamless perfection to fetch correct measurements.
The readings of the measurement are displayed on the high definition LCD screen.
Now let us check out the pros and the cons as part of this Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Review
Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Pros and Cons
- Provides top-notch accuracy level and doesn’t need to be recalibrated.
- Easy to read measurements as the LCD screen displays whole readings directly unlike dial calipers.
- The measurements obtained can easily be converted into millimeter and inch as per the convenience of users.
- Offers quadric-feature of calculating 4 types of measurements, namely, inside, outside, depth and step measurements.
- Waterproof build
- AOS technology prevents dust and oil buildup in the tool
- Battery life is expected to be around 3.5 years
- Comes in a non-shockproof case
- The absence of Automatic ON-OFF functions
- Runs with an SR44SW battery that is not easily available in the market.
- Claimed to get stiffer with time.
This Vernier caliper offers more durability than digital calipers and can be used for a wide variety of needs like carpentry, mechanical engineering, and medical industry. So, this is certainly one of the best digital caliper you can get at an attractive price point.