Brown and Sharpe 599-579-4 Dial Caliper Reviews & Buying Guide
With the development of technology, the digital calipers have also evolved with the inclusion of many useful features for extra convenience. Since digital calipers are devoid of any moveable parts in the readout segment it stands strong as one of the durable tools apt for tough working environments.
Brown & Sharpe 599-579-4 dial caliper is one such caliper which had paved its way into the caliper world owing to the in numerous benefits it offers to the user.
With the help of an instructional manual, you can also implement this to get an accurate measurement required for your professional use or for DIY projects.
Let us check out the Brown and Sharpe dial caliper reviews to get an insight about the advantages and disadvantages:
- Long lasting. Customers claimed that the product lasted for around 20 years.
- Offering very accurate readings.
- Smooth operation with the segments being tightly fitted.
- The adjustment wheel is very resilient and doesn’t get loose with time.
- Calibrates it every time without any hassle.
- Unlike other calipers, this holds the reputation of being accurate while reaching the threshold range of 6 inches.
- The rack being covered prevents the entrance of any foreign matter which if enters can clog the gear and provide an inaccurate reading.
- Stainless steel body prevents it from corrosion.
- The linear accuracy meets the standards as stated by DIN.
- Warranty does not cover the Brown and Sharpe caliper repair charges
- The poor packaging of the digital caliper.
- The absence of a thumb wheel.
- Very stiff operating segments.
- Adjustment screws not up to the mark.
Features : Brown & Sharpe 599-579-4
- Offers a measurement precision of 0.001 inches with one revolution resembling 0.100 inches.
- Manufactured with a stainless steel body it will provide resistance against corrosion and will guarantee longevity.
- The diameter rotation dial measuring 1.25 inches is built with a lock screw to hold the sliding jaw in a fixed position.
- The digital caliper weighs around 9.1 ounces.
- Offers a wide measurement range from 0 to 6 inches.
- Slide lock to assist in achieving higher precision levels.
- It can measure inside, outside, step as well as depth measurement of a dimensional object.
- The rack comes covered to prevent foreign objects and dust particles from entering and clogging the gear to avoid any measurement associative errors.
- Compatible with the DIN 862 standards.
- Stylish looking digital caliper, with face color being silver in color.
- An auto adjustable zero set function.
Brown and Sharpe founded in the year 1833 have been famed for their manufacture of precision measurement tools. Acquired by Hexagon Metrology in 2001 it had made sure not to compromise on its quality of products.
Made with pure stainless steel the digimatic caliper can display the readings in inches.
The 1.25 inches diameter dial built with a lock rotates smoothly to render perfect measurements.
This caliper offers a depth rod which is integrated into the caliper rack. So now you must have understood what sets this digital caliper apart from similar calipers under this range.
The brown and sharp digital caliper can take accurate measurements for calculating inside, outside, step and depth dimensions.
The Deutsches Institute fur Normung (DIN) has approved the linear accuracy to have met the appropriate standards. Per revolution of the dial allows the caliper to measure 0.100 inches.
The lock screen present in the caliper allows the sliding jaw of the caliper to stay in a fixed position. At any point during the measurement procedure, you can calibrate the caliper to the 0 position at a convenient distance. Determination of the Brown and Sharpe 599-579-4 caliper review further will assist you in deciding whether to buy this caliper.
The most astonishing feature of this digital caliper is its anti-backlash feature. Backlash is the phenomenon when the gear teeth get jammed thus preventing the accuracy of the readings. To minimize backlash the device uses a spring to implement a compressive force thereby reducing the chances of occurrence of backlash. This additive spring technology enables to get a much accurate reading which cannot be achieved by standard gear configuration alone.
Every segment assembled together to form the digital caliper is made of stainless steel. That is from measuring surfaces, rack to the depth rod everything has been built with the hard metal to give it a long life thus preventing it from corrosion.
As final words, it can be said that after scanning the features as well as Brown and Sharpe 599-579-4 Pros and cons, it is not difficult to understand that this digital caliper is quite feature-rich. This will certainly be a splendid buy to fulfill your requirements.
Last update on 2019-08-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API