Best Digital Caliper for Reloading 2020 – Reviews, Buyer Guide
- 1 Best Digital Caliper for Reloading 2020 – Reviews, Buyer Guide
- 1.1 Best Digital Calipers for Reloading of 2019
- 1.2 Top 5 Digital Calipers for Reloading Reviews
- 1.2.1 1. Mitutoyo 500-474 Digital Caliper
- 1.2.2 2. Mitutoyo 500-196-30 AOS Absolute Scale Digital Caliper
- 1.2.3 3. Fowler Full Warranty Stainless Steel Frame Euro- Cal IV Electronic Caliper
- 1.2.4 4. EAGems Digital Caliper
- 1.2.5 5. iGaging Absolute Origin 0-6″ Digital Electronic Caliper
- 1.3 Best Digital Calipers for Reloading Buying Guide 2019
- 1.4 Digital Calipers VS Dial Calipers for Reloading
Digital Calipers are the choice of the hour and are extensively used in professional carpentry and other purposes. They are true to their course and offer you the exact service as per expectations.
Best Digital Calipers for Reloading of 2019
Contemporary Digital Calipers have a lot to offer. There are different variants in Digital Calipers that you can choose from. But the thing is, they can be used for numerous purposes when we know how to use them.
Digital Calipers are used to take measurements of the most difficult surfaces easily. The not only provide Inside, Outside and Depth Measurements, but also have the unique capability to convert the units from English to Metric. Hence, this could also be considered as one of the reasons as to why there is a need for the Digital Calipers for Reloading.
Besides these, the Digital Calipers offer you the ease to set up them to zero, anywhere throughout the bar. The high-end models of Digital Calipers have the ability to input and store the required data of the readings. They are materialized with the memory storage facility. Also, some of them use the newest of the technologies, that they are designed with the proficiency of sending the readings measured, to the computer system connected to it.
The Digital Calipers are available in a number of versions when compared to the Dial Calipers. They provide you numerous length provisions that make you choose the best and ideal one, for your specific job. The modern day Digital Calipers have the extraordinary feature of working under extreme conditions too. In total, they are available in the market giving you several divergent benefits that will ultimately help you in finishing your work easily.
Top 5 Digital Calipers for Reloading Reviews
1. Mitutoyo 500-474 Digital Caliper
There are many reasons why you would work with the Mitutoyo 500-474 digital calipers. The main one is, it is a solar caliper. So you get a hard coated solar panel. That ensures safer usage throughout.
If you are looking for a digital caliper that is accurate in measurements then the Mitutoyo is the perfect deal for you with a measuring range of 0-6 inches. When switched off this caliper will retain to its original point. It is always ready to measure the right from when you start it at 60 Lux.
Made of stainless steel, we can confirm its durability. Without an SPC data output, you can work with this comfortably with the thumb roller.
- Zero calibration
- User-friendly digital caliper
- Very durable
- Works on solar energy
- Can’t resist water
- Not cheap
2. Mitutoyo 500-196-30 AOS Absolute Scale Digital Caliper
With a great range of features and you get both the imperial and the metric reading, the Mitutoyo 500-196-30 is a very useful digital caliper, to begin with.
In terms of the accuracy, you get a 0.02 mm or 0.001 inches. Being able to zero it down at any point make sit a very user-friendly digital caliper. Once you set the origin point, it will refer to that point throughout its lifetime. But, you can change at any given point of time.
- Very accurate
- Very Durable
- On-point measuring system
- Battery powered
- Not cheap
3. Fowler Full Warranty Stainless Steel Frame Euro- Cal IV Electronic Caliper
First of all, it comes with an entire year’s warranty. In terms of accuracy, the Fowler Full Warranty delivers at 0.0015 inches or 0.03 millimeter. And the in the resolution department you get 0.0005 inches or 0.01 millimeter.
The hardened stainless steel body protects it well so you have a very durable experience with this digital caliper. It gives you fractional units, single-valued reads, and even metrics. The fowler Full Warranty comes with on-point and incremental range of modes that ensures many measurements like intermediate and even differential.
It has an IP 54 certification meaning it will be dust and water resistant too.
- Warranty included
- Long lasting
- Accurate measurements
- Not cheap
- Operates with batteries
4. EAGems Digital Caliper
An EAGems digital caliper is one of the strongest made digital caliper son this list. With a stainless steel body which is hardened and water-resistant, you can use this almost anywhere. You get a fitted LED screen recording your measurements and readings accurately.
If you are looking for the best digital calipers under $100 then the EAGems would deliver exactly the performance of any high-end digital calipers. You can set it at zero or any differential measurement setting point.
With an automatic shut off system, if you forget to switch off, it will stop on its own detecting no movement or usage. There is zero plastic so it will glide easily. You also get one button used to convert all your measurements, whether fractions, inches or even millimeters.
Most importantly, it comes to you in a pocket pinch.
- Accurate reading
- Long lasting
- Mediocre sensory sensitivity
- Also, operated by batteries
5. iGaging Absolute Origin 0-6″ Digital Electronic Caliper
Dust resistant and very durable contender in our list of best calipers for reloading is the iGaging Absolute Origin 0-6’’ Digital Electronic Caliper. You can easily store readings for your future use in its memory storage too.
We have found that the LED screen works as an excellent screen reader and also a perfect sensor. It will always figure out when you are ready to start with the caliper. Another very durable and best digital caliper under $100.
It will store your reading data in the USB capabilities built-in so you don’t lose out any reading. And the zero re-calibration works perfectly after usage.
And, in terms of the accuracy, this digital caliper delivers an accurate accuracy of 0.001 inches or 0.02 millimeter with a resolution of 0.0005 inches or 0.01 millimeter. It comes at a very good price making it one of the best mid-range budget digital calipers on the market right now.
- Dust resistant
- Built to store readings
- You do not have to re-calibrate
- USB storage
- Battery operated
Best Digital Calipers for Reloading Buying Guide 2019
Getting the best reviews before buying a product is a much smarter option than searching continuously for the ideal one. Here are some of the points that you must consider before buying a Digital Caliper in the market:
- Measuring Modes – The best ideal digital caliper must have three modes of measurements- millimeters, fractions or inches. Since, when concentrating on theses measuring modes, helps you provide the exact reading under any conditions.
- Precision – This is the vital and the foremost option that has to be considered for sure. The digital caliper that you choose should provide you the accuracy of within 0.02 millimeters or 0.001 inches. This feature will help you choose the right one.
- Construction – This part is the best one when looking for its style and appearance. The digital calipers should be made up of hard stainless steel, for the instrument to strive in a longer run. Hence, you can achieve its durability, reliability and of course sturdiness.
- Battery life – Make sure the model of the digital caliper chosen is as such that will provide you the long-lasting battery life. Since then, you will be able to use the caliper and work with it in a stretched time.
Digital Calipers VS Dial Calipers for Reloading
For many years until now, Dial Calipers have stamped their presence in the field of precise measurements. They have the flexibility to work under any weather conditions. Dial Calipers have no usages of batteries, which is the foremost relief obtained from these dial models. But there are few disadvantages of Dial caliper models, for which people move on to the modest Digital Calipers.
Major advantages include,
- Re-calibration made easy– There is no re-calibration needed before starting to take measurements in case of digital calipers. The instrument goes back to zero, unlike dial calipers.
- Accurate Measurements– It will provide you with the high accuracy and direct readings. You need not have to keep on converting the units once measured. It has the most reliable and durable feature, like setting zero and unit conversion button, for making the job of measurements easy. This is not found in dial calipers.
- Ease of Use– The digital calipers are used by most of the professionals these days. These come with LCD screen for displaying the readings. Digital calipers are therefore very easy to use, as compare to dial calipers.
On the other hand,
- Ease of Repairing
Digital Calipers are difficult to repair if for any reason they are damaged. But dial calipers are easier to fix in case of a slight damage.
In case of digital calipers, you will need to change the batteries when they are drained. Dial Calipers do not require batteries to operate.
Digital Calipers, owing to their various advantages, are for reliability and accuracy. That is why they are considered to be the best choice for professionals.
Last update on 2020-07-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API